Intention to change has to be turned into a habit, knowing that it’s good for you just isn’t enough.
Habit is a routine behavior that happens naturally. Once the brain has developed the pathways necessary, the behavior becomes automatic without much thought. This can take anywhere from 18-254 days (66 days on average).
Almost half of our day is spent engaged in habitual behaviors, good and bad. Wouldn’t you agree that if you exercised, chose fruits and vegetables, drank water, and performed other healthy habits automatically that you would have more energy and feel more balanced?
So, from November 28th to December 18th we are going to focus on the following healthy habits. You may already have some of these habits down but others will require more mental energy for the time being but let’s work together to stay disciplined!
Here’s how the challenge works.
Give yourself 1 point for each of the 10 habits that you are able to accomplish daily.
- Send a friend request to Judy Porter in the FitLivin App.
- Judy will be making posts daily providing facts and tips for success regarding habit formation. This will be a great opportunity for all of you to share your ideas and experiences as well!
- Commit to 10 healthy Habits (keep track of your points)
- Judy will be sending a group message to all participants every morning to gather points from the previous day’s habits. You can reply with your point number (others in the group can see your points) or you can send her a private message with your point number.
- Judy will be keeping a spreadsheet of all results
- Your participation will enter you into random drawings for Fit Livin gear as well as gift cards & goodies from local lifestyle vendors!
- There will also be awards for top 3 overall point earners.
Top 10 Healthy Habits
1.Move in a way that you enjoy: 30 minutes of moving daily
2.Eat 321EAT (3 meals, 2 healthy snacks and a recovery snack if you exercise)
3.Choose whole foods with a focus on fruggies
4.Hydrate with water and other low-calorie fluids
5.Listened to hunger alarm
6.Alcohol in moderation (1-2 servings/day or less)
7.Sleep (7-9 hours/night)
8.Gratitude (keep a gratitude journal or take a moment to be grateful)
9.Positive spirit (flipping negative thoughts to positive ones)
10.Connect (virtually or in person, make the effort to socialize with someone you care about)