Step One Begin
"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." ~Mark Twain
By the start of March more than half of those who set New Year’s resolution have fallen off track. So, if you are in this category it’s time for a kick-start! Evaluate your daily routine and make healthy habits a non-negotiable part of your day. Here are some daily health habits that will help you get the best of everyday, not just tomorrow.
- Eat more Fruggies. Include a fruit or vegetable at every meal and with snacks.
- Eat 3 meals, 2 healthy snacks and 1 recovery snack within 30 minutes after exercise.
- Eat small handful of nuts or seeds every day.
- Avoid soft drinks.
- Choose whole grains over refined grains.
- Drink more water.
- Reduce screen time.
- Include at least 2 fish meals each week.
- Schedule in 3 days of Cardiovascular exercise (walk, bike, elliptical, run)
- Add 2 days of strength training in each week.